3D Ceilings offers a comprehensive range of lightweight gypsum plasters, from base coat to finishing plasters. Manufactured for internal application onto a wide range of surfaces, there is a Gyproc Plaster for every application from traditional hand applied skim plastering to machine applied projection.
Levelling plasters are applied onto uneven background surfaces. The aim of applying this type is to ensure a level and plumb substrate. These applications normally call for thicker application of product (10mm+). Examples of this type applied to raw brick and block or concrete to obtain a level and/or plumb surface. For use on internal walls only, must not be used externally.
Two types can be differentiated:
- One Coat Multipurpose
One coat plasters provide levelling and finishing in one application. These plasters are applied onto uneven surfaces. Applying this type of plaster ensures a level and plumb substrate and provides a smooth surface finish. These applications normally call for thicker application of product (10mm+).
Products: Gyproc RhinoLite Projection Plaster One Coat
- Skim Plasters
Skim finishing plasters are applied to even surfaces. These plasters provide a smooth finish to a pre-levelled and plumbed surface.These applications range from fine skim finishes of 2mm to skim finishes of 3-6mm.
Products: Gyproc CreteStone and Gyproc RhinoLite Projection Plaster for RhinoBoard
List of benefits:
- Gypsum plasters superior smooth finish
- Can be floated up to 1 hour after application (does not apply to CreteStone/RhinoLite Projection Plaster for RhinoBoard).
- Sand/cement weight +- 22kg/m2 at 12mm thickness.
- RhinoLite weighs +- 9kg/m2 at 12mm thickness. Results in less effort/m2
- Reduction in transport costs to site.
- Reduction in on-site labour, particularly in high-rise sites. (the weight to be moved around the site or up to various floors has been halved).
- Much more acceptable to artisans as it is easier and lighter to work with.
- In bags – just add clean cold water.
- Coverage can be achieved up to 50% more rapidly than with sand/cement plaster applied manually.
- RhinoLite is easy to mix, requiring less labour to be ready for application.
- RhinoLite cures more rapidly than sand/cement plaster, reducing waiting time before painting.
- Project costs are reduced, as work is completed in less time.
- Contractors can complete more projects within a year, as time per project is reduced, increasing profitability
Note: All results are based on laboratory trials. All covering capacities were tested under controlled conditions.